Is a Jordanian visual artist and a faculty member at the Faculty of Arts and Design at the University of Jordan. In 2010 he received his BA in Visual Arts with a concentration in drawing and painting from the University of Jordan. Later in 2014 Hijazin earned his Master of Fine Arts degree from Boston at SMFA at Tufts University. He has numerous participations in art exhibitions and workshops in Jordan and abroad, including the cities of Beirut, Rome, and Boston.
Hijazin’s subject matter comes from his interest in exploring notions such as authority, nobility and the holy in contemporary culture while satirically surveying their manifestations in our everyday narratives. His body of work derives from the tradition of representational painting and its methods of scene staging and depiction of material qualities. Through this visual language his work is seeking to depart from the history of images toward their contemporary transmutations.
- ECUME Mediterranean Cultural Exchange Exhibition, Lebanese University, Beirut, Lebanon (May 2009).
- Visual Arts Group Exhibition at the Art Gallery, The University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan (Jun 2010).
- Group Exhibition, Orient Gallery, Amman, Jordan (August 2010).
- Group Exhibition, Nabad Art Gallery, Amman, Jordan (August 2011).
- “Moving Pictures: Narrative Structures in Visual Art” Group Exhibition, Mission Hill Gallery, SMFA, Boston, MA (Nov 2013).
- “Empathic Disgust” Group Exhibition, Mission Hill Gallery, SMFA, Boston, MA (Sep 2013). - “Convergence (Part 1)” Group Exhibition, Khaki Gallery, Boston, MA (Jan 2014).
- “The Cyclorama Show: Master of Fine Arts Thesis Exhibition”, SMFA, Boston, MA (May 2014). - “Trifecta: Year One” Group Exhibition, Fourth Wall Gallery, Boston, MA (May 2014).
- “MAP OF THE NEW ART” International Group Exhibition, Cini Foundation, Venice, Italy (Sep 2015).
- “Woman I” Group Exhibition, Gallery 14, Amman, Jordan (Oct 2015).
- “Temporary Structures & Home Communities” Group Exhibition, The University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan (Nov 2016).
- “Meta-scape” Group Exhibition, The Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts, Amman, Jordan (Apr 2017).
- “Empathy & Craft in the 21st Century” Group Exhibition The Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts, Amman, Jordan (Aug 2017).